Sunday, November 20, 2011

Capturing the Joys

 
I absolutely enjoyed making this video and I found it much easier than making a clip using found footage online. Using my own original footage, I was able to create scenes in the exact way that I had pictured them in my head. Finding ideal settings, capturing the right angles and being aware of the time of day and lighting for each scene added an element of excitement to the production. Directing the wonderful people in this video and making specific creative decisions made me feel like a film director for a moment.

From the start I wanted to produce a happy video; one that would make people smile and warm hearts. Capturing genuine smiles and laughter, sunlight, the sky, balloons, smiley faces and hearts, all contributed to the creation of a video that attempts to show the joyful moments in life. Avoiding unwanted noise while filming was a struggle. I forgot to pay particular attention to the sounds around. Luckily the video works better with the music playing over the scenes. 

For this project I attempted to make my own sound track in Garage Band using the keyboard attached to the computer. I was quite impressed with the outcome. In less than an hour I had made something that worked well enough with the images and ambiance in the video. Using the higher keys on the piano and utilizing sounds like "falling stars" I was able to create a sound track that created a happy mood. Using Garage Band and Final Cut Pro for the second time definitely made the whole process easier.








1 comment:

  1. Your original soundtrack made the video "over-the-top". Somehow it felt like a memory of the happy times of the past. Your orchestration of people, props, and place are pleasing to the eye and effectly reflect a specific world view at a specific place and time.

    ReplyDelete